Identify the stakeholders who influence decision-making now and in the future. Common decision-makers and influencers include:
- Caregivers and Families
- Union Leadership
- School leadership
- District Leadership
- Local School Boards
- Chief State School Officer
- State Board of Education
- Identify the specific stakeholders in your school and district that influence local programming.
- Within this group, map the advocacy process required for a new tutoring program to be implemented, including meeting with the union to address potential bargaining and advocacy issues.
- Reach out to share information about the effectiveness of high-impact tutoring, listen to and address concerns, and gain support from these key stakeholders (see specific stakeholder materials here.)
- Review Assembling a Task Force, which could take the form of a labor-management committee, and determine whether this effective strategy is appropriate for your local context.