The resources in this section include guidance, materials, and tools to support initial training and ongoing coaching for math tutors.
The research behind and description of drivers of high-impact tutoring.
- High-Impact Tutoring Standards
- High-Impact Tutoring: State of the Research and Priorities for Future Learning
- What is High Impact Tutoring?
Initial Training and Coaching
Guidance for initial tutor training and ongoing coaching.
- In-Service Training & Support Guidance
- Metro Nashville Training
- Pre-Service Tutor Training Guidance
- Professional Learning Toolkit for Early Literacy Tutors (can be adapted for math)
- Saga Coach (asynchronous tutor training modules)
- Stanford Training Resources (course required for students to tutor in local schools)
- Tutor Feedback and Individualized Coaching
- Webinar: Tutor Training: Tutor Types & Training
- Webinar: Tutor Training: Effective Facilitation and Relationship Building
Professional Learning Topics
Effective tutors have strong initial training, ongoing coaching, and professional learning. The resources in this section include training materials and tools to support math tutor professional learning.
Approach to Teaching Math
Video on bringing math to life and teaching it in a fun way.
Instructional videos for a range of math topics including equations, geometry concepts, and more as well as teaching strategies including virtual assessments, grouping students, and more.