About the National Student Success Accelerator
The National Student Success Accelerator’s mission is to expand high-impact tutoring opportunities for all K-12 students in need. The NSSA is a research-based field-building organization that seeks to drive scaling and continual improvement in the quality of tutoring.
The NSSA began with a group of educators convening around the issue of COVID-19 learning loss and the potential of tutoring as a solution. We are currently seeking to hire our founding Executive Director to further lead the organization through its initial organizational development and launching its initial set of programs and services.
Currently the NSSA is a program of the Annenberg Institute at Brown University, but may become an independent entity once established. The NSSA plans to execute in the following areas to achieve its mission:
Organizing the field of tutoring by:
- Building a community of practice;
- Establishing standards and a system of assessing quality of tutoring programs against standards; and
- Developing research-based tools and guidance for districts to select, implement and continuously improve tutoring programs and for tutoring organizations to scale with quality;
- Leading continuous improvement and learning about what drives impact;
- Building engagement across stakeholders through direct outreach and sharing research outcomes and success stories.
About the Position
Reporting to Susanna Loeb, the Director of the Annenberg Institute, the Executive Director (ED) will be accountable for the leadership and operational success of the NSSA including:
- Being the external face of the organization;
- Managing the execution of initiatives to achieve participation and quality metrics;
- Hiring initial core staff and establishing initial systems to support culture of accountability, high-expectations, growth mindset, and continuous learning (additional four staff planned to be hired by end of 2021)
- Leading internal operations including development of and achieving goals in the initial business plan;
- Ensuring the NSSA is appropriately staffed and staff is equipped to achieve each of their goals (hiring, professional development, culture, and organizational development, and structure);
- Diversity, equity and inclusion is foundational to the NSSA’s success. Leading these efforts across and throughout the organization and achieving organizational goals around staff representation and culture.
Experience: 10+ years with proven track record of effectively leading a complex education related organization with an authentic connection to practice and students and the ability to relate to the opportunities and challenges of school and district leadership
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check.